Single stranded knots, or fairy knots as others might know them as, are annoying! Normal, but annoying, especially if you have curly hair. While they are pretty hard to avoid, there are a few things you can do to make sure your head isn’t taken over by them. Here are 5 of the best ways to keep single stranded knots to a minimum!
- Protective Styles: Ensuring that your ends are tucked and out of the way, you have a better chance that they won’t get knotted. Also, depending on how tight your curl is, you might want to consider your style a stretched one because curls that shrink are more prone to intertwining in themselves. Braids and twist outs are ideal.
- Detangle: As I have mentioned before, shedding is normal but if we don’t get the shed hair out, it will only get knotted with the rest of your hair. Detangling is a great way to avoid regular knots
- Sleep Carefully: While my preferable method of sleeping is the pineapple method, I might suggest a loose bun if you’re used to getting fairy knots often. It’s just another way to protect those ends!
- Moisturize: keeping your curls moisturized will ensure your hair is healthy, especially those ends! Dry and brittle hair is prone to knotting so moisturize often so your strands are nice and smooth and less likely to knot!
- Don’t touch! As your hair gets healthier, your curls will spring back to life. You might feel the urge to play with your hair but remember that too much manipulation can create knots as you constantly twirl and pull on your hair.
If you find yourself stuck with single stranded knots, the best way to get rid of them is by doing the search and destroy method. Check out this video for more information!
Xoxo Un Besito,