I have been avoiding the sun as much as I possibly can. Why? Well, it all started when I came across a Ryan Seacrest interview with Jennifer Lopez on how she stays looking flawless even in her mid-40s. Her secret is simple… She stays out of the sun! She uses bronzers and self-tanners to get her bronzed goddess glow and while I’ve begun to take the best measures possible to keep my skin wrinkle free, I have also been looking for extra protection to keep me safe from that scary C word: Cancer! Skin cancer is a serious threat, but did you know that you can prevent yourself from getting it with the right protection? How do you keep your skin safe without sacrificing a little fun in the sun? I’ve got just the tips for you!
Let’s Start With Sunscreen For Optimal Protection This Summer: #ChooseSkinHealth
Neutrogena has a variety of products to choose from that are just right for your skin and activity level. My favorites? Their CoolDry Sport Sunscreen with new Micromesh technology allows you to sweat without compromising the SPF protection. I like to run outside, so if you are like me and enjoy working out in the fresh outdoors, this sunscreen is just right for you! It doesn’t give you a sticky or suffocating feeling like other sunblocks, CoolDry gives you that breathable protection, cooling your skin down by a few degrees.
I’ll be taking the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunscreen with me to the beach this Memorial Day weekend and to any other pool festivities I plan on attending this Summer. The spray is water resistant for up to 80 minutes and ridiculously easy to apply, making it convenient and effective. This sunscreen is so lightweight it feels as though you have nothing on. It’s also non-comedogenic so if you like to wear light makeup to pool parties (flash back – Vegas), this sunscreen is just for you!
A few more Summer skin care tips to keep in mind:
- When applying sunscreen, make sure to apply it about 20 minutes before you are exposed to the sun so that your skin has enough time to absorb it. Don’t forget to reapply every 2 hours! Want to see what other Sunscreens Neutrogena has to offer? Click HERE!
- Always wear UV-blocking sunglasses and wide-brimmed hats (I like to call them JLo hats) for added protection
- Speaking of La JLo… take her advice and take cover when possible! Bring an umbrella with you, wear a cute cover up or find a canopy and cuddle up with your Casper.
- Have a picnic to go to? Spending time at the beach? Bring fruits with you that are high in antioxidants to give the extra boost of protection against skin cancer!
- If you plan on spending extra time in the sun doing things like working out or socially drinking at a pool party (again… flashback – Vegas), always drink extra water to keep your body hydrated.
- Remember, the sun’s rays are strong even when the clouds are out so ALWAYS protect yourself with SPF 30 or higher!
Want more tips? Join Neutrogena and Latina Bloggers Connect for the #ChooseSkinHealth Bilingual Twitter Party on Tuesday, May 19th at 7-8pm EST. Be sure to RSVP by clicking HERE!
How will you be protecting your skin this Summer? Let me know below! Besos♥xoxo
This is sponsored post in collaboration with Neutrogena® and Latina Bloggers Connect. However, all opinions expressed are my own.